Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello Again!!!!

Monkeys in the city
Emily in Lopburri

My new companion, Sister Supansa




My last area, Saphann Sun



Bangkok, notice all the cars and motorcycles
Hello!

Glad to hear that the Christmas season is up and going! Save some cookies for me!!!!!

Dad, Happy Father's Day!!!! Yesterday was the King's birthday, so it is father's day too! Hope you had a great Sunday!!!!

Well, last week I got off the computer and realized that I hadn't told you about my amazing companion. Her name is Sis. Supansa (I sent a picture). She's from Bangkok. Her 2 older sisters and older brother served missions and now she is. Sis. Lifferth actually was companions with her older sister. I'm just following my Maa's footsteps! Anyways, her family is all Chinese but they all live in Thailand. She's really fun! This is only her 2nd moves so it's quite an adventure! Oh, she also is fluent in English. She went to BYU-Hawaii for a year and a half before coming on a mission. People often don't believe her when she says that she is Thai. hahaha!!!

My district leader, Elder Baker, is so crazy and that's what makes it fun! He said his official title is the mission entertainment supervisor. He's just hilarious! It's really a lot of fun to work with him and his greenie, Elder Heslop.

This week we went inviting (tracting as you old people call it) in a neighborhood that we've never been to before! It was also hit with flooding. They're just barely starting to recover from it. When we first entered the neighborhood, the walls had holes in them like cannons were fired or something. Turns out it's just water damage. We talked to a family who was in the process of cleaning the walls of their house of mold and dirt. (the houses were under water for 2 weeks) It's quite fun riding through those neighborhoods because it's all a remodeling zone. Everyone is painting their houses in bright colors! It's so colorful!!!

We were inviting a person who works at a movie/CD store. She really wants to learn but her boss will only allow her one day off in a month! I was like, "Are you serious?" It's really sad!

Recently we've been riding around Monkey city and I must say, I appreciate Holly's prayers. They are so scary! If you have something that they want, they'll pounce on you and take it. It takes a lot of courage to walk around there.

It still amazes me everyday how we'll be inviting and I'll just take a random turn and find a random person who has been wanting to learn about the gospel. It's fantastic how it all works!!!

Love you all!!!

Sis. Henderson

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment