Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 7 letter

So, I'm still getting better from my sickness... had a little step backwards this week where I have so much phlegm in my throat that I'm like constantly coughing and such. Went to the doctor and got a strep test (could've told you I didn't have that one) to which the nurse informed me that I have a strong tongue and only the elders have had strong tongues.... It came back negative (naturally). Doctor said it's a virus and he can't help me. So he gave me some medication to help clear it up and gave me permission to take naps! No, I haven't taken a nap. I'm much better now. It's still not gone, but it is so much better than it was. Funny thing was this last week our task was to talk about going to the doctor and discuss illnesses. I told everyone in class that I went on a fieldtrip to the Doctor's to practice my task. Wish that was it!

Well, for all you T-ville people out there: Emily Jewkes went off cheerfully this week really early in the morning! Sam Rose left yesterday in a very excited mood. He's actually been the most enthusiastic missionary I've seen here!

So many people have left this week! The Koreans are all gone! My whole dorm floor is like empty! It's crazy! Tomorrow I get the opporutnity of hosting the new sisters who come into the MTC. I just help them find their room, get checked in, get their books, and show them around! I'm super excited! It will be fun!!!

We've had lots of Japanese missionaries here lately because the MTC in Japan is closed for remodeling. Everytime I shower at night I feel like I'm in Asia already!!!

So on Sunday I was sitting waiting for the fireside to start when one of the MTC presidency members came up to me and said, "someday you'll be so happy that you look so young." hahaha! Okay....

4th of July was fun! They had a fireside about our founding fathers on the 3rd (so we couldn't listen to Carrie Underwood's concert going on outside) and then we got to go outside and watch the fireworks! That was fun! Apparently our branch president's daughters went to the Provo airport after her concert and got to meet her... Lucky!

So Sis. Noppamas informed me that I will probably end up teaching Chinese instead of English in Thailand.... That will be scary! I've never tried to teach a class before! Let alone Chinese!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! It would be so much fun though! \

I chopped my hair off today!!!!! It's like above my shoulders! Ya, it's pretty intense, but I like it! I'll send pics soon!

To all those who send me letters: thank you soooo much! Sorry that it takes me forever to write back! I'll have plenty of writing time on the airplane! Just to let you know, don't send me anymore mail until you get something from me in Thailand. I'd hate to miss your letters so for security, don't send till I'm situated in Thailand.Thanks!
Oh, Sis. Hirschi and I had a progressing investigator, but he couldn't do it anymore so I have officially experienced my first investigator that has fallen through. Sad day!!!!

Oh, Sis. Eyestone, one of the new sister Thai missionaries, is very athletic. She's on the BYU Women's basketball team! Anywho, her dad is on the olmpics committee and gets to go everywhere and commentate on some sports and such. Cool, right?

Well, Love you all! Thanks for your constant support! Can't believe I leave in less than two weeks! CRAZY!!!! All of the Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Hmong leave next week! (we do a lot with them)

Love you!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment