Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yep, it's me again!

Hello! It's me again!

So all of the food here is pretty much fried. If you're wondering whether the food is good, the answer is it's fried, yes!!! I can't tell you how many times I've had fried chicken. It's really just not the same without gravy!

We were riding our bikes home when Sis. Homsombat ran over a frog! Ew!!!! hahaha! It was hilarious!!!

Also while we were biking home (it's dark) there was a guy on the side of the road walking our direction. He was holding something that I couldn't see till I was close to it. It was a huge snake! Must've been at least 7ft. long! It was rather suprising!!!

The other day two lightbulbs in our house went out so I changed them. We went over to Pii Bu's and Rat's later and they were highly impressed. They were like,"You changed the lightbulb?! That is amazing!" What can I say? It takes major skill to change lightbulbs!!!!

Oh, FYI I have received a letter from Grandma, Holly, Catherine, Paige, McKenzie, and 2 from Austin. Thanks everyone!!! I'm a slow writer so have patience!!!!

Well, Sis. Homsombat and I were out inviting when she started humming a familiar tune. It was Zen Ma Ban from SHE. I started singing along and she about died with shock. "YOU know this song?" I'm like, "Of course!" We excitedly started talking about Asian music and TV shows. Go figure! My companion is a fan of Hana Kimi too! I would say we definitely get along!!!

So this week was full of miracles!!! It was amazing!!! Some of the most random people showed up at church. People who have flat out rejected us before have showed up! It was crazy!

Oh, and one of our new investigators, Joy, has set a baptism date too!!! Oct. 24th!!! She's awesome!!!!

Elder Perkins who is our area seventy came to visit us yesterday! It was a great meeting! Talked about a lot of things! Pretty awesome things are going on over here. I don't write about them because there would be no way to write about it. It's purely divine work being done here! I really do wish I could let all of you see it though! It's truely amazing!!!

Well, what I want to say this week is remember the lesson of Les Miserables. Jean Valjean was a criminal but had a change of heart. Everyone can experience a change of heart. Always give people 2nd chances. I've found as we give an investigator a second chance, they have a change of heart and capture joy they never knew existed in this life. Really. Miracles are happening everyday!

Love you all!!!

Em
Sis. Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment