Monday, February 28, 2011

Last Day of February!

WOW, can't believe it is already the last day of February! Weird!!!

Last week I said I might be transferred next transfer. Well, I don't know for sure, but when there's only a small group of sisters and everyone stays in their area for about 3 transfers, you can figure it out. I've been in Lopburi for 3 now. Plus, 3 new sisters are coming in next transfer. Which means, three sisters have to move at least. That could be me! Chiangmai is the city that every missionary wants to serve. It is the most beautiful part of the country but also the poorest. Needless to say, any picture of Thailand or trip to Thailand is from Chiangmai. It's the farthest north you can go in this mission. It has the nickname "heaven" and the city next to it is "exaltation". Ya, everyone goes crazy when someone gets sent up there. It's so nice! :-)

So this week, was good. Many people insisted on feeding us Somtum. Sometimes I thought I was going to die from the spiciness. That's okay, I endured.

We have an investigator from Singapore who speaks some random Chinese language but she says it's the Singapore Chinese. I've never heard of it or seen it. They have a whole different character system too. So, will someone find out if that's real or not? I've tried but none of us can figure her language out. Ya, I'm not going to go into that.

Great exciteness is in the air as the branch is preparing to take their yearly trip to the Hong Kong temple. They leave in 2 weeks. It will be weird to have them all gone.

Sorry, once again, I can't remember any stories from this week. Don't worry, they're all in my journal.

Love you all!!!!


Em

No comments:

Post a Comment