Monday, March 7, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Summer as we melt away....

phad thai: this is the traditional Thai food. So good! It is noodles with eggs, bean sprouts, green onions, peanuts, toufu, sugar, and onion. Most people think this dish comes with shrimp, which sometimes it does. The guy who sells it in our neighborhood, though, doesn't do shrimp. YAY!!!!



Yes, I am melting away!!! Unfortunately it is causing me to eat more cocoa oreo shakes. Ya, it's my vice here. I just walk in and they just start making it. I don't have to say anything! And my picture is on their wall....4 times. It's amazing! I'll have to make it for you when I get back! Usually everyone just orders cocoa. I added the oreo to which they first thought was weird, but now it's natural. hahaha! This week we ate a Swenson's ice cream cake to celebrate Sis. Chambers 14 years of being a member of the church/birthday. It was amazing!

This week we started the new summer schedule where we start working at 7:30 am and work till 12:30. We eat and study and go back out at 4:30ish. It's pretty nice! We spend our mornings in the market just passing out fliers. hahaha! Gotta love Asian markets. Soooooo against health codes. We accidentally started walking down the meat aisle. We got to the middle of it and was overwhelmed with the most horrible stench. We both looked at each other and felt like throwing up. I held my breath and walked very briskly to the end. Oh, it was horrible! We won't go down there again.

We've been handing out the Book of Mormon a lot lately. There's a guy we ran into the other day. He was reading the Bible and we talked to him about the Book of Mormon and gave it to him. He shared it with his wife to which she requested we come visit her and the family this week. I'm looking forward to that.
We also have an investigator that has gone through a ton. We shared the story in Mosiah 24 with her. We only asked her to read 2 verses. Everytime we tried to help explain it to her, she would read the next verse. She really wanted to know the full story. So we just let her finish reading the chapter.
We went to visit a recent convert and she was working. She asked us to share a scripture with her. I just kind of opened up the book and chose one. After reading it she paused, tears start welling up in her eyes as she told us, "that's my answer!" Yep, the Book of Mormon is amazing!

Any ideas on how to help someone who is addicted to paint thinner? (drinking and smelling) The problem is that it is so readily available. You can get it anywhere. So, what to do?

Love you all!!!!! Thanks Gabbi, you're the best!!!!

Em

Sis. Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment