Monday, August 8, 2011

I must have died..................

Chiangmai skyline











because I'm in
HEAVEN aka Chiangmai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, what are the chances? Craziest thing that's happened to me yet. It all happened so fast that I could've died!

It was a very teary farewell as both Sis. Lish and I moved out. It was very surreal. I don't think it has quite hit me yet. I loved that place! Anyways, spent a few hours waiting for the bus. In the meantime got to talk to the one and only British Elder. That was funny! He's from London. He was like, "Oh your dad is from UP THERE." hahaha! Funny! Then we got on the bus ride to Bangkok. We are soo lucky! The Pakkret chapel is FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we had our very first transfer meeting there. It's beautiful! It's ridiculously huge too! It was good to see everyone. I was called to a 3-some in Chiangmai with Sis. Chambers again and Sis. Sorge! I get to kill Sis. Chambers! hahaha! I'll always haunt her I suppose! :) This transfer is only 5 weeks so she's going soon! I have a 7 week last transfer! That will be fun! So I'm not too sure what's going down in the future, but I think I'm dying here in Chiangmai. That will be great! So after we waited for everyone to renew their visas, we got on a bus again. We didn't get to Chiangmai until 3:30 am. Quite the ride!

Chiangmai..... where do I begin???? It's GORGEOUS here! I've decided that in the future if we go to Thailand, this is the only place I could take you all to. Anyways, I don't feel like I'm in Thailand anymore. There's so many white people it's weird. You have to take into account that I just came from Roiet where Sis. Lish and I were the only white girls within many miles. Now I'm in the biggest tourist center in Thailand. It's not crowded though. I'd say, if you want a good vacation with great food, culture, and cool places to see without all of the places being crowded, come here. It's way nice! It would be a lot of fun! It's a lot of fun to work here. You know we get to go up into the mountains full of bamboo forests to go inviting. Plus lots of fun hills to ride my bike on! The people here speak English really well! In fact the branch here has an English sunday school class because there's so many foriegners that come. It's way different from every other area I've been to. All of you Google Chiangmai in the pictures catagory and look at what it looks like.

Love you all!!!!!

Em









Sis. Lish eating her last Cashew chicken dish in Roiet






















Our last meal!

At the branch pres. house


























Us with Waruni and Jambi







S. Sorge and I at our restaurant! It's way good!!!! Do you know how long it's been since I've had a good sandwich?


















The pond we exercise around








Yay!















No comments:

Post a Comment