Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm on a boat!!!!

Hello there everyone!!!
 
So, this week has been really weird. It was kind of depressing to send Sis. Chambers off to Bangkok. She got to ride the airplane! So we went to airport and dropped her off. Fortunately we'll get to see her again this week. Her homecoming should be on the 25th. 
The mission just feels a little weird with all of my good friends gone like Elder Baker. He's a legend. And so I entitled my email as one of the things he always used to say. In memory of the GREAT legend. :) 555!  
 
Oh, next week Sis. Sorge and I are going to do something fantastic for p-day. It costs a little bit more money, but when we worked it all out to how much it includes, it's totally worth it. Plus, I'd probably regret it if I didn't do it. Who knows when I'll be back? So, just a little heads up there. Also next week's email will be short and sweet because of it. But no worries, there will be plenty of pictures AND a DVD of our adventures. I'm sure you'll like that!  :)
 
This week was great! I don't remember what all happened because it passed by so fast. Oh, a lot of our investigators are from the same tribe as Sis. Green. I've been learning a bit of their language. It's absolutely nothing like Thai. In fact, when they come down for school, they have to teach themselves Thai so they don't speak very well. :)
 
Also I'm teaching a lady from Taiwan. She openly said that she's not interested in learning but she keeps coming to the church to find us. Also she even showed up all dressed up for church in the middle of sacrament meeting. So we decided to go teach her anyways. :) To which she accepted very well and was reading the Book of Mormon...... Also she was very sweet to give me her Chinese drinks to cure my whatever sickness I have going on now. My body is just tired. It's the weirdest thing. I can't explain it very well. Don't worry about it. It's nothing serious. Plus her remodies are making it heal so we're all good. My favorite part is that all the members are like, "You're sick because you rode out in the rain and you didn't wear a slicker!!!" Honestly I ride out in the rain everyday of my mission without a slicker and I've only been sick a couple of times so I doubt that's the cause. I think I got it from one of my many sick investigators. Everyone is sick right now. One of our investigators didn't go to church yesterday because she was coughing up blood.... Anyways on a happier note, we taught this really cute family yesterday who had 9 month old triplets. They were quite the energetic bunch. The mom was able to get them to all sit down and fold their arms for prayer. It was the cutest thing ever!!!!  They acted like Sis. Sorge and I were the plague though..... :)
 
Love you all!!!!!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment