Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mud, bananas, and elephant dung

This week was amazing!!!!!


As all of you are wondering... I rode elephants for the day!!!! To answer the question, yes, that verse is true! They are more useful than horses! YAY!!!! The Book of Mormon is so true!!!

Oh my goodness! I can't even explain to you how amazing it was. I got to take care of an elephant for the morning and then ride it. I felt like I was in the Jungle Book or something. It was in the middle of the mountains in the jungle! Way cool! I got assigned a girl elephant named Ma Mai. She has a 5 month old son! So I got to take care of the baby elephant too! He was soooooo cute! He reminded me a lot of Holly when she was a toddler...... yes, quite the troublemaker. Ya, you're all jealous! Sis. Sorge got a teenage male. So she had to learn getting on and off with the tusks in the way! hehehehe! We were the only ones who spoke Thai so we got to know the elephant trainers (the Karean guys who helped us) really well. Amazingly enough, they are friends with one of the members. They're interested in learning more.... It was an unforgettable experience! I was so dirty afterwards! Plenty of pictures to come..... just not today. Sorry! Thanks mom! It was soooooo worth it!!!!! I will give a detail depiction of my adventures on this day when I come home! :) Today we're going shopping for random tidbits like keyboard in Thai and a Thai mat. Things I can't live without you know!

So, it was a great week! Pres. Smith came up for District Conference. so that was fun! Sis. Smith has family visiting so she didn't come.
Love you all!!!!!

Em





No comments:

Post a Comment