Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Letter June 15, 2010

Hello!

Tomorrow we get the new Thai district! We have 6 Elders and 2 Sisters!!! We're all super excited to see them!!!!

The TRC last Satureday went really well! We were able to have a lesson and communicate! Although, I told my teacher that I keep having the problem of switching what I want to say so I never know the vocab. It's rather frustrating! He just laughed! Bro. Sakha told us that we are both doing well. He told me that he is quite impressed with my bravery in speaking the language. Apparently I go in there and fearlessly speak even though I don't know words and such. Quite a feat for me, wouldn't you say? It's true though! I don't really care what my investigator thinks of my Thai speaking skills. It's not supposed to be amazing so they know not to expect much out of us...

Elder Hale came last Tuesday! He talked about light vs. darkness! Great talk! We are supposed to be getting a lot very soon because all of the mission presidents come in to the MTC in June and July so lots of apostles come! I'd say I've seen a good portion already of apostles!

To be honest, I can't really say much has happened. I don't even know what day it is! I just do what my planner says to do... yep!

Bro. Sakha told us his conversion story last saturday! It was really good! He was one of those stubborn people who was constantly saying no to the missionaries. In fact, he was pretty dedicated to the goal of being a Buddhist monk. His father dropped him off at a temple so that he could go to school and work there afterwards. So he spent his childhood in Buddhist temples with the monks and meditating. He was really close to the monk who ran the temple. He left them to finish his college education and promised he'd come back to be a monk there. So he pretty much dedicated his life to Buddha until things began to change. Great story! Wish I could tell you, but I can't! After the mission I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment