Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Letter sent June 1, 2010

So the piithay's (pronounced: pea ties) are the older Thailand district. They're leaving next Tuesday so exactly a week. They're all really excited! It will be weird to see them go! Don't leave us here! Anywho, they received their travel plans this week! It's pretty intense! It will be the same travel plans that I get. First we got to LA. Then TAIWAN!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! TAIWAN!!!!!! I'm soooooo excited!!! We get to have a 7 hour layover in Taiwan!!! How amazing is that? Then we fly to Bangkok. And then for some weird reason we fly to HONG KONG!!! Wow!!! I say let's hit up all of the best cities on the way there. Not quite sure why we end in Hong Kong. I guess we'll get to Thailand by boat? Who knows! But isn't that exciting?!? I get to go to TAIWAN!!!!

So Sister Hirschi just got promoted to be the Sister's representative for the Zone so for three nights each week I get to be adopted by another companionship. Sunday night was my first experience in the life of a solo Sister missionary. I joined Elder Shipley and Elder Hansen's companionship. It was more like all of the Elders in the district minus Elder Leyva and Ahlstrom (new zone leaders) We just sat and watched the Joseph Smith movie Sunday night. So good! They were all so cute! After the movie Elder Shipley was like, "Okay, we need to make sure Sister Henderson gets home safely! Elders make a circle around her." They all make a circle around me and clear the crowd out of the way as we walk. An Elder broke through and *gasp* touched my shoulder. All of the Elders started yelling at Elder Lyman who was supposed to guard me from that side. They found some sister to take me upstairs to the residence hall. They seriously told them that they had to take care of me because I was their responsibility. It was really funny all of the fuss they were making! I'm sure more adventures with the Elders are yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment