Monday, June 27, 2011

"I hate you!!! There's a hole in my shoe!! I hate you!!!!"

Isn't she the cutest thing ever? She's a member.



So....

I'm staying in Roiet!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

What a relief I must say!!!! I'm so excited to stay a little longer. This means I'll be here for rice planting!!! Yes, up to my knees in mud! It will be great!

Regardless I had to go down to Bangkok this past week to renew my visa. Sis. Lish and I were the only sisters on the bus going down and up. Let's just say it was a little bit crazy being in a bus load of 19-21 yr. old Elders. On the way back we got this great Thai zone leader who sang and played his guitar the whole way. The Elders were making up songs for the whole 8 hour trip. "I hate you!!! There's a hole in my shoe!! I hate you!!!!" was the hit song of choice. Don't ask me..... ask the Elders. :-)

So last week I cut Sis. Lish's hair. I did a really great job!!! Quite proud of the turnout. I will say though that it definitely is not going to be my career of choice. She cut my hair too!

before




after

Last week we went shopping on P-day. I got a really cute sweater and a cute dress. YAY!

We had a big goodbye party for Elder Crowley. It was really sweet! They all sang songs. They're quite the talented group!

So now that Elder Crowley is back in America, we got a new district leader. You might remember him.....
Elder Ackerman!!!! He was in Saphaansung when I first came to Thailand. Now we meet again! What are the odds?
Oh, met the Newman family, they might call you mom. They came to pick up their son and visited Roiet for church. So fun!

After discussing with my companion, we think that I should just have my homecoming on Oct. 30th and just get it all over. Just know I've currently been saying the weirdest things that don't make sense at all. (I've lost my English) Sis. Lish just looks at me like I'm a lunatic. I'll try to remember one of them for next week!

Love you all,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment